Nobody really loves cleaning just for the sheer work it demands. Right? Some love cleaning because with a clearer and cleaner space, it’s a little bit easier to tackle the usual everyday things. But when you still have to cook, do the groceries, fold the laundry, work, take care of the kids, and perhaps do the usual school run – even the mere thought of sweeping the house would have to take a backseat until you find the time to get around to doing it.
In the case of making a miracle happen in getting your house cleaned whenever it needs to be cleaned, a robotic vacuum cleaner is the answer to your prayers.
Check Out: Best Vacuum Cleaners Review
Buyer’s Guide to Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
Robotic vacuum cleaners come with a variety of functions, most of which you need to check when shopping for one. From getting around door thresholds to scheduling cleaning times – you need to check into these features on top of each robotic vacuum cleaner’s ability to mop, do spot-cleaning, and make multiple passes over floors already cleaned.
Not only that, but convenience in maintaining the device also matters. These handy helpers also need to have their dustbins emptied, right? They also need to be regularly charged, and thus need to have a feature to let us know when to do this. The noise level has to be evaluated as well. What good is a robotic vacuum cleaner when it cannot afford you some more hours of rest? Nail the noise level and spare yourself the stress. You either get more sleep, or have the baby stay sleeping longer. More time for you to do other things.
The robotic vacuum cleaner, also called a robovac, has come a very long way since it was first introduced in 1996. From spinning brushes to mopping and even having UV sterilization – let’s see what innovation this year has in store for us in the robo vac department. Find below some of the best robotic vacuum cleaner choices!
Top 10 Best Robotic Vacuum Cleaners Review
10. iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- Full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt
- 3-Stage Cleaning: agitates, brushes, and suctions floors
- Can schedule to clean 7x a week or can just manually be operated when needed
- Automatic docking and recharging
- Automatically adjusts to all floor types: carpet, tile, hardwood and more
The iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner is a trusted ally for everyday cleaning requirements at home. With a single push of the button, it provides a thorough clean, thanks to its 3-stage cleaning system. It agitates any hard-to-reach dirt, brushes them off, and then allow the suction power to remove the dirt off of your floor. You can even schedule the cleaning routine to ensure that your home stays pristine just the way you want it to be!
- Easy to use
- Good cleaning of bare floors and carpet
- Good in picking up pet hair
- Long battery life
- Some customers thought it can do better on navigation
- Some find it has a high noise level
The iRobot Roomba 650 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner provides a thorough clean. Its 3-Stage Cleaning System easily picks up dust, pet hair, and large debris like cereal. You can preset this. It works on all floor types, and is designed to fit under most furniture.
9. ILIFE V3s Robotic Vacuum Cleaner for Pets and Allergies Home, Pearl White
- Vacuuming, sweeping and dry mopping
- Pet hair technology with focus on picking up hairs, dirt, debris
- Designed to clean under furniture
- Self-charging, programmable for scheduled cleaning, smart sensors for anti-bump
- Ideal for hard wood floors
- Easy setup
- Works well on tile, hardwood and short pile carpet
- Remote controlled or one “touch”
- Might find trouble finding the charging station
- Might not always make an alarm when it is stuck
- Might not be consistent in its cleaning ability when it comes to coverage area
Made for families with pets. It vacuums and mops. Has a slim body to enable it to clean every corner of the house. Emitting only a 55db low noise, it is quieter than a normal conversation. With 14 sets of smart sensors, it avoids bumping and falling off stairs. Likewise, it has a 15 mm Obstacle-climb degrees. This robo vac also has 100min of battery life per charge.
8. ILIFE A4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Titanium Gray
- Advanced powerful motor with Max mode picks up more dirt
- Tangle free sensors also avoid drop offs
- 150 min battery life
- Automatic docking and recharging with a programmable schedule
- Affordable price
- Strong suction
- Can navigate to clean and recharge
- Low profile to get under many furniture
- Has a tendency to eat carpets due to unchangeable height program
- Replacement accessories can be expensive
- May need to be reset every now and then once it gets off track
Its 3-step cleaning system vacuums, sucks and picks up dirt easily on different floorings. Its rotating blade brushes cleans carpets well while its side brushes cleans corners. With full charging, will bring you 130-150min vacuum time. Will avoid sleeping pets though its noise while in operation, would be enough to alert them.
7. ECOVACS Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Mop and Water Tank – Automatic Floor Cleaning Robot, DEEBOT N78
- Multiple cleaning modes: auto, spot and edge with option for mopping, sweeping and vacuuming in a single pass; with a wet mop capability for smaller spaces
- Perfect for houses with pets
- Has a top handle for easy movement
- Infrared sensors to avoid stairs, furniture and transition between floor types and climb up to 16 mm
- Automatically docks, charges and programmed for daily cleaning
- Cleans hard-to-reach areas and stuck-on mess
- Cleans quietly with 56 dB
- Tangle-free suction
- Dual side brushes
- Some people find issues with the remote control
- May require intervention if charging dock is located in a different room
- Have to prepare floor for vacuuming by removing loose items
With a maximum working time of 110min, it spot cleans for 2-5 min. Capable of being scheduled to clean once per day, it charges between 4-5 hrs. Its dust bin capacity is (mL) of 500. It gives off a buzz as a warning sound just in case it gets into trouble.
6. ILIFE V5s Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Water Tank Mopping, Gold
- Water tank for auto damp mopping of hard floor
- Max mode and pet hair technology cleans efficiently
- Automatically docks, recharges and is programmable for scheduled cleaning with less working noise
- Small, slim and smart sensors enable it to go under furniture
- Smart sensors to avoid bumping and falling
with the help of its water tank. You can easily shift between both functions for ease of cleaning. It is also equipped with smart features that allow you to maximize the use of this vacuum cleaner such as programmable scheduling and automatic recharging.
- Ideal for bare floor surfaces
- Enables you to dry mop and vacuum at the same time
- Great for statically charged dust
- Affordable price for its capabilities
- Since it has no motorized brush it is not advisable for carpets
- You may need to empty the bin often
- May take a longer time to clean a room
Its two cleaning capabilities: vacuuming and wet mopping easily shifts. With a new motor, it has 40% more suction power, 20% longer life and has a 10% decrease in working noise. Its dust bin capacity is 0.3L and the water bin holds the same weight as well. Ideal for households with pets, its touch screen body can do auto and manual charging giving you options to either do max cleaning, auto cleaning, spot, edge and scheduled cleaning; once a day seven days a week. It will clean for 90 – 110min. Upon purchase, there is an extra heap filter and extra side brush along with the expected package contents of ILIFE V5s Robot Vacuum Cleaner with Water Tank Mopping.
5. bObsweep PetHair Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop, Rouge
- Designed for cleaning pet hair and paw prints
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops and UV sterilizes all types of floors simultaneously
- 1-Liter dustbin is one of the largest
- HEPA filtration removes allergens from the air
- Personalized cleaning schedule with automatic self-charging
- Sensors detect soiled areas to concentrate its cleaning
- Affordable price
- Pets might get spooked by it but they would get used to it
- Sensors might not be able to detect a dark colored rug or carpet
Makes pet ownership clean-up really easy. Its sleek and practical design gives it its good looks. When the vacuum detects a dirtier area, it increases its vacuum and brushing power. Can be used on hardwood, tile and carpet.
4. Intelligent Smart Cleaner, Robotic Vacuum Floor Cleaner
- Can be used on hardwood, tiles, marble and granite floors
- Two sides corner brush for more efficiency
- Cliff sensor prevents it from falling down the stairs
- Easy to carry or move with its handle
The Intelligent Smart Cleaner from Evertop is a trusted tool for homeowners because you can use it on basically any type of floor: hard wood, granite or marble. It comes with two corner brushes to ensure more efficient cleaning. You also have four cleaning modes to choose from so you can make adjustments according to your needs at home.
- Has a separate dust box for easier dust dumping
- Has good navigation due to its infrared induction function
- Wireless works on rechargeable batteries
- Doesn’t have dock function
- Some people may find its maximum 60 min working time a little shorter compared to other vacuums
Vacuums dirt, debris, pet hair and dust. You can manually set working time and save remaining time for next usage. This is clearly shown through power percentage left and amount of time left to work. It can also be used on short pile carpets. Has four settings at the press of a button: line cleaning, edge cleaning, “Z” cleaning and random mode of cleaning. Has a large dustbin at 0.6L.
3. BObi Pet Robotic Vacuum Cleaner, Silver
- Specially designed for cleaning up pet hair and paw prints
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, UV sterilizes and HEPA filtrates simultaneously
- Washable with fully submergible dustbin
- Includes bObi block digital barrier
- Remote controlled
- Some people might find setup time-consuming
- All components require installation and batteries
It has 80 sensors which includes 5 wall sensors and edge sensors. It’s Bobi block acts as virtual wall of areas you don’t want this vacuum to enter. Comes with extra brushes and cleaning tools. It allows users not only to schedule but select the cleaning mode as well. Cleaning modes are the Go and Waffle mode. Default is the Go cleaning mode while the Waffle mode is for spot cleaning a three-square foot area. It will automatically return to charging base once battery reaches 15%.
2. Pyle Pure Clean PUCRC15 Smart Robot Automatic Vacuum Floor Cleaner
- Clean, sweep and dust
- Rechargeable battery
- Low profile design to go underneath furniture and clean around obstacles
- Garbage collection tray
- Secondary spinning brush for lifting debris
automatically clean your home and you can keep up with your cleaning schedule. The best part is that it can handle all types of floors and surfaces.
- Cleans automatically with 3 cleaning modes
- Built-in rechargeable battery
- Easy storage
- Low Profile Design
- Not for thick or shag carpets
Pyle Pure Clean PUCRC15 Smart Robot Automatic Vacuum Floor Cleaner’s self-programming cleaning path navigation allows it to navigate in a random pattern while cleaning your room as it goes. The vacuum is ‘bagless’ with a garbage collection tray that easily opens for disposal. Adapts to multi-floor surface cleaning: hardwood, linoleum, tile, low/hard carpet floors with 90min of cleaning time.
1. iRobot Roomba 770 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner
- Its iAdapt Navigation has sensors to navigate and adapt to a changing home
- 3-Stage Cleaning: agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Dirt Detect Series II identifies dirtier areas to focus cleaning
- May schedule cleaning up to 7X per week
- Adjusts to all floor types
- Control pad is easy to use
- Automatic docking and charging
- Has a full bin indicator
- Back and forth motion assures dirt gets picked up
- Some people find it loud
- May sometimes get lost finding the docking area
- Bin may get filled up pretty fast
iRobot Roomba 770 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner dual HEPA filter gets fine pet hair, dust and dirt. At 3.6 inch, tall it gets under most furniture. Can be programmed for either several room or one room cleaning only. Has a longer lasting battery with a full 30-day warranty.
Check Out Other Types of Vacuum Cleaner
Robotic vacuum cleaners are designed to automate the cleaning process in your home using a vacuum cleaning system. Each of the vacuum cleaners listed above are equipped with unique sets of features at varying price points. Make your selection in terms of your house cleaning needs and your budget. Each of them is guaranteed to make cleaning easier and more efficient, which is great for homeowners who lead a hectic lifestyle.
If you are looking for other types of vacuum cleaners, the following options are worth looking into: