Vacuum cleaning is known as a staple means of maintaining sanitation in a home. More than half of suburban and urban homes use it as a way to clean upholstery, carpets and hard floors. There are two types of vacuum cleaners – canister and upright – and both are still actively sought out in markets on the basis of preference and experience. Canister cleaners are getting more and more popular among consumers, though, since technical aspects allow most of them to be re-designed and innovated.
There are notably different factors that attract consumers to canister cleaners, but in general, they speed up cleaning and get rid of the common and expected disadvantages brought by traditional upright cleaners. Even inexpensive models are capable of performing a larger percentage of suction than the upright ones. More technical improvements also enable canister cleaners to provide convenience and comfort to the user by being more flexible and portable, and largely being easier to maneuver and maintain.
Most canister cleaners today also come with highly usable and replaceable accessories that significantly alleviate the burden of cleaning. To put it simply, the extra tools are mainly provided just in case the need to use them arises. There are quite a number of reliable canister cleaners in today’s market, and this guide summarizes the top options you have. Use it to help you in the shopping process.
Check Out: Best Vacuum Cleaner Review
Buyer’s Guide to Best Canister Vacuum Cleaners
It is important for you to assess your home type and its set of cleaning needs. Remember that the differences setting apart units are primarily designed to fit to the type of home, so you may want to be guided on what model is best suited for small apartments or which type of units are fit for larger homes that house pets and children.
While it is necessary for you to consider this, you should always think about getting the best and the most out of a specific unit. General vacuum cleaners are adequately capable of sucking up dirt and fine debris, but their tendencies to break down more times than the usual due to lesser quality are not too ideal for budgeting. Therefore, consider cleaners that can adapt to both fabric and hard floor cleaning.
Analyzing your home’s structure can also be of great help when you’re trying to make a quick shopping decision. There are cleaners that provide necessary and complimentary tools for fast cleaning fixes. Cleaning narrow pathways and getting filth off of nooks and crannies can be made more convenient by certain crack and crevice tools.
Take the time to study the would-be needs of your home. Use this guide freely to help you figure out what type you should purchase.
Top 7 Best Vacuum Canister Cleaners in Review
7.) Electrolux EL4335B Corded Ultra Flex Canister Vacuum
- Delivers superior performance on plush carpets, hard floors, tiles, wooden or bare floors through the Washable Premium HEPA Filter.
- The 3-level height adjustment instantly adjusts to your cleaning preference, and the on/off brush roll switch adds to the remarkable convenience.
- The suction power can be easily adjusted as well, something you can’t find in most units.
- The large wheels at the rear and the smooth swivelling feature enables users to twist and turn around and underneath upholstery and furniture.
- The most impressive feature would be its Brushroll Clean Technology, which basically is a patented brushroll that removes dirt and hair tangles all on its own with just one touch of a button.
With its ability to capture up to 99.97% of dirt, dust and other allergens, would you still wonder why it’s rated as the best? You may not always have a filter that delivers powerfully and is easily washable. The unit’s Easy-Empty Technology is also capable of providing you the slim bagless dust cup that opens at the bottom. This largely reduces the amount of dust escaping.
The adjustable suction power makes cleaning everything also a lot safer. Just when you thought things couldn’t get any better with this unit, it provides another 12-inch hard floor attachment, and all the vacuum heads are super easy to assemble.
- It has basic attachments that are super simple for anybody to use, even the ones without prior knowledge to vacuum cleaning.
- Capable of cutting a wider swath for super quick cleaning filter-cleaning and since the motor intake is washable and reusable, you won’t have to look for extra tools to buy and use.
- Doesn’t really require bags in general, and it boasts a wide array of filters as well.
- It may be challenging to attach the hose to the body, but with constant practice and use, this can be mastered.
- The hose length may be sufficient for indoor use but it could use an extra 5 feet to be able to reach more rooms in large houses or the outdoors.
Possessing this unit basically means possessing cleaning super powers. Other than being the best, not much about needing improvements has been said about this unit. Perhaps the adjustable suction power makes it a really good cleaning tool compared to the previous ones reviewed. Although it has quite the expensive price, this unit has certainly lived up to its promise, with more and more customers giving proof and satisfied reviews. Maybe you could become one of them too!
6.) BISSELL Hard Floor Expert Multi-Cyclonic Bagless Canister Vacuum, 1547 – Corded
- Longer and more powerful suction is enabled by its Multi-Cyclonic Technology.
- Gentle on the floors and tough on dirt through its built-in hard floor turbine foot.
- Provides excellent grip and excellent pick on carpeted floors and rugs.
- No-mess disposal is made possible by the easy-to-empty dirt tank that opens at the bottom.
- All pieces snap together easily during assembling.
Perhaps second best in agility and when it comes to picking up dirt and dust, this unit almost sits flat against the floor. This allows users to cover easy-to-mess areas. The nozzle is also sufficiently designed to suck up a wider length, and is said to be consistently capable of quick yet really deep cleans. By also being quieter than most units, vacuuming at night without disturbing kids or pets can now be easily achieved.
The cord retraction functionality is also useful for large homes as it eliminates the need to pass rooms to be able to plug out the cord. Generally lighter and more aesthetically pleasing, it is no wonder why this unit sits more popularly with consumers.
- Cleaning is substantially an easier and effortless task, thanks to the powerful and maneuverable canister.
- Its vacuum head is designed with a roll that spins automatically when in contact with the floor. This enables the unit to suck up more dust accumulations.
- Small yet compact accessory attachments allow users to choose between 2 vacuum heads, which significantly increases the durability of both as they are interchangeable.
- Cleaning the unit can be meticulous – the plastic dirt cup always has to be separated for more thorough cleaning. However, you can practice disassembling it while it’s still clean.
- The power head can be cumbersome or difficult to push down. It can be replaced with a softer head from any third party brand though.
- Wand storage is vulnerable to damage or wearing out since the attachment is only made out plastic. Be careful when you store the wand.
If you want a cleaner that can deliver powerful performances twice as expected, then look no more – this unit has a greater percentage in sucking up all the nasty. If you find the noise from traditional canister vacuums to be something you can’t stand, then this model is definitely for you. Despite having its own share of downsides, it’s quite useful to have the parts easily adaptable to replacements.
5.) Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum, 3670G – Corded
- Users can enjoy the power-touch handle that provides quick, easy-to-use fingertip controls; a nozzle for bare floors, and a deluxe brush for other floor types.
- The unit has additional suction support mainly provided by the extra port.
- Durably designed to fit a wide range of cleaning jobs for home sanitation, and auto or garage cleaning.
- The dust bag comes out easily, allowing no-mess cleans.
- The extension wand provides extra reach to allow users to remove dust and dirt from every surface possible.
A whole lot sleeker in design, this unit readily facilitates bare floor-cleaning without a hassle. Weighing 9 pounds lesser than its previous models, cleaning can be done more efficiently. It works remarkably well on rugs and carpets, and is most ideal for wood floors, hard floors, and tiles.
Commendable for its maneuverability, this unit treats cleaning like it’s the most serious job in the world. Compact in size, this model powerfully delivers through its main suction system and the rest of the tools that it comes with.
- Maximum suction can be easily adjusted by closing the ring on the hose handle.
- The cord is generously long, which also wraps around the base for easier storage.
- The blower port feature is quite useful for sucking up dust from computer parts without damaging electrical components.
- The 2-inch wide combo tool may not work that well on wider or larger surfaces. To get bigger coverage when cleaning, you can purchase another mid-sized brush to replace it.
- Has the natural tendency to pick up too many fine particles due to its powerful suction. This possibly restricts airflow even when the bag has been recently emptied. Therefore, make sure to clean it thoroughly more often.
- Overtime the motor filler can become clogged, causing the bag to be cleaned way more times than you usually have to, including the filters.
Not all units can easily adapt to all types of cleaning fixes and surfaces. However, this unit makes a name for itself as it is extremely capable of sucking dirt and grime from a variety of surfaces. It doesn’t just get rid of the dust, but it also provides flexible alternatives of keeping the floors clean. Inclining towards more expensive units, this unit is definitely the worth the investment if you are thinking about long-term use.
4.) Panasonic MC-CG902 Full Size Bag Canister Vacuum Cleaner – Corded
- Its Motor Protection System largely bypasses the built-in fan, filter and motor, which does a great job at directing the filth and dust right into the unit.
- The 14-inch nozzle width compliments the whole suction system, making it twice as powerful at sucking up dirt and particles.
- Includes useful accessories like the crevice tool, dusting brush, 2 standard wand options and a bonus feature called the Air Turbine which is paired with the headlight.
- Capable of reaching hard-reach areas with its 12.5-ft attachment reach, complimented by its 15-inch cleaning path and the unit’s Automatic Carpet Height Adjustment feature which quickly adjusts to any carpet type.
Technically more powerful and durable, this unit is certainly loads more appealing to people who want to really invest in cleaning tools. User-friendly in design with a lightweight frame, this unit seamlessly integrates versatility, flexibility and top performance for all the quick and overdue home treatments you need.
The handle provides a quick on/off switch along with the on/off bare-floor option that automatically turns off the agitator to help protect hard floors from being damaged. The floor brush tool can be used to clean or dust off upholstered furniture, and the crevice tool works as a power instrument for getting crumbs in between cushions, tight spots and narrow spaces.
- The unit’s power head is designed lower than the standard height, which allows it to reach toe kicks and areas underneath the couch.
- The long cord is capable of rewinding so you can automatically store it. All it needs is a light touch and it immediately retracts.
- The Dual Motor System enables much gentler carpet cleaning. This essentially lengthens the life of the belt, and the durability of the carpet fibers.
- Less passes are needed to get the whole gunk out of all surfaces, which is primarily enabled by the nozzle system and hose connection that boasts a swivel device.
- The bag lids as well as the tools are made out of hard plastic, requiring you to be extra careful and gentle when handling the unit.
- The carpet height indicator isn’t much of use in low-light conditions as the design is black-on-black. Therefore it’s much easier to use the unit in brightly lit areas.
- While the headlight automatically turns on as a visual aid, it has a tendency to turn off once it goes on floor-cleaning mode. Use your warranty to have it checked.
This unit is remarkable in design and performance. It certainly helps users enjoy cleaning by way of designing the handle that reduces stress and fatigue. While other units may require you to attach or connect extra tools, this one immediately provides support for interchangeable tools – living up to its promise of delivering versatility. If you want a dual-active and an overall smoother cleaning experience, this model might just be the one you’re looking for.
3.) Hoover CH3000 PortaPower Lightweight Commercial Canister Vacuum
- The compact unit design fully enables users to clean tighter spaces and narrower, more detailed areas like the ones belonging to an automobile.
- Sanitation is easier to maintain, thanks to the built-in blower system that substantially gets rid of dust and debris.
- This unit can also be used when vacuuming large areas with the help of its long 33-inch cable length.
- Comes with a reusable commercial cloth bag and a paper-use option.
Take a huge chunk off of your whole cleaning time with this super flexible vacuum cleaner! Capable of cleaning indoors and even outdoors with its cord extension, cleaning should ideally become less of a chore and more of a breezy and enjoyable physical workout.
The bagging options are also quite useful for two types of cleaning fixes – when you need to clean up a space that potentially has sharp objects, the cloth bag is what you should use; when you need quick dust clean-ups, the paper bag will do. The cloth bag is also said to be very easy to remove and empty, and there is no outright need to get additional costs for consumables.
- The huge suction system quickly adapts to all sorts of hard floors, and is also useful for cleaning stairs.
- It also comes with a very sturdy metal tube with a rotating head which works its way around and below furniture.
- A secure locking system maintains the metal tube which makes it really easy and painless to disassemble and reassemble.
- The hose is highly flexible as well as it doesn’t fold, kink or cramp.
- Vastly needs improvement in terms of suction for deep-pile carpets and for homes with two or more pets.
- While the hose is durable by design, its appearance has largely been altered so it is shorter and a tad too springy; so when you pull on it for extension, it yanks on the vacuum. However, you can replace the hose with a longer one.
This model would be ideal for middle-sized homes as it is capable of reaching more areas than the previous two. In terms of suction, it already does an adequate job on getting the filth away from hard surfaces. The added tools are also great as extra cleaning options – in contrast with other bagged or bagless canisters, this unit significantly has more leverage since it is more environment-friendly.
2.) BISSELL Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum, Caribbean Blue Corded
- Provides thorough cleaning through the cyclonic action of its suction system.
- Users can enjoy the bagless convenience it gives which substantially gets rid of the need to change or replace bags.
- Has a three-stage filtration system that helps suck more fine particles and dust. Cleaners are also easily washable and reusable.
- Instantly comes with tools such as the easy empty dirt cup, the combination crevice tool, the air flow regulator and the automatic cord rewind.
Having suction as one of its strong points, this model is another good option for quick cleaning jobs. It already performs well on surface types as the suction system almost grips the floor. You will also notice the resistance of the floor attachment once you use it on harder surfaces. Although it still doesn’t have a beater bar, it does a great and sufficient job on carpets.
Unit design is also a commendable feature – portability and convenience are apparent enough in its being easy-to-use. It also takes up less closet space when you store it, so it should be a whole lot ideal for smaller homes or apartments.
- Its telescoping wand tool allows immediate access to hard-reach areas.
- Suction is rated terrific for both whole house carpets and hard floors.
- People allergic to dust no longer have to face the horror of usually cleaning the filth and debris in bagged units.
- Lengthens the durability of the filters by allowing them to become washable.
- Necessary attachments to the unit may feel flimsy and awkward, and the hose connector doesn’t have a swivel attachment which exposes to get kinked.
- The noise coming from the unit can reach an intolerable level if the crack and crevice tools are attached. This can be lessened by replacing the combination tool with a mid-sized brush.
- Suction has the tendency to pick up dirt in the middle area overtime due to its lack of width.
Still sitting at the more affordable sphere of this rundown, this unit outweighs the previous one by generally being easier to maintain. If you’re not a fan of bagged models, then this one should strike you as an appealing consideration. Lightweight and capable of providing thorough treatments, this model is a smarter investment for people sticking to their budget.
1.) BISSELL Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum, Purple, 4122 Corded
- Contains a sufficient suction system that is great for eliminating dirt from high and low areas, on bare floors, carpets and rugs.
- Offers easy switching between surfaces which is perfect for cleaning on the go.
- The cord is capable of rewinding which easily facilitates quick storage with just one push of a button.
- Users can take advantage of the telescoping wand and the full bag indicator which automatically notifies if the bag needs to be emptied.
Although inexpensive compared to highly quality rated ones, this unit already does a great job on general cleaning. Lightweight and easy to control, the portability of this model makes it a popular choice among users who maintain smaller homes. It also performs well for houses with pets as it is able to collect dust, crumbs, filth and hair.
The bag holder design is also convenient, plus the extra bags make up for sufficient additional storage. Its canister also rolls without any difficulty on general surface types and the wheels add more portability.
- Users can enjoy the painless, light assembly it takes to start. Vacuuming can be done in 5 minutes or so after setup.
- The upholstery and multi-purpose tools act as extra service.
- Less noisy in contrast with other market brands.
- Suction is highly sufficient for tall draperies and lampshades.
- Not quite ideal for all carpet types since it has no beater bar.
- The said “flexibility” of the hose is made out of easy-to-crack plastic and is ironically stiff.
- Its cord retraction button is positioned conveniently at the top of the unit, but the cord itself is short, which can be annoying in a bigger house.
If you want to get quick work done on your home without spending too much, then this model should do the job for you. The main suction system is proofed by users as adequate, although it could use some improvement when it comes to cleaning carpeted floors. Generally speaking, this unit is the most affordable one in the top-rated competition between canister cleaners.
Check Out Other Types of Vacuum Cleaner
These are all the top 7 highly rated canister vacuum cleaners in the market. They have their big differences as is apparent above, but they will certainly be of great use to you especially when you are already familiar with your home’s cleaning needs.
If, for some reason, a canister vacuum is not your cup of tea, then know that you have more options in the market: