Due to our busy schedules, we want to spend as little time as possible in ironing our clothes. If you are looking for an alternative for the traditional iron, you can choose to use a steaming iron instead. Steaming irons are much faster and convenient than irons since they are lightweight and the smaller ones do not need that much space.
Steam gently relaxes your clothing’s fibers, which is perfect for garments sensitive to ironing like satin, silk, polyester, and lace. It takes wrinkles out of delicate clothing, while not letting you worry about burning your clothes. You can also use a steam iron on fabrics such as suit jackets, clothes with pleats, and screen-printed shirts that are difficult to iron.
If traditional irons can only flatten certain parts of the fabric while leaving out other areas still wrinkled, the garment steamer can reach the underside of clothing as well as other inaccessible parts of your clothes. Any fabric that has been flattened out can regain its body and volume with this amazing tool. Simply put, a garment steamer makes an outfit look good and pressed without you spending too much effort.
Steamers also disinfect fabric, get rid of bacteria and dust mites, and even remove stains. If ever you have to steam gowns with sequins, beads or stones, you wouldn’t have to worry about these decorative features coming off, since garment steamers are gentle and can transform any material into smoother fabrics
Looking for the most suitable garment steamer that you and your family can use? We have prepared for you a guide to help you choose the best modern steamer. But first, a look into the different steamers that you can choose from.
- Kinds of Garment Steamer
- Top 10 Best Garment Steamers Review
- 10. PurSteam Dual-Pro Iron & Pressurized Garment Steamer with – Professional Heavy Duty 1600 Watt Power
- 9. Steamfast SF-445 Compact Fabric Steamer
- 8. Home Garment Steamer
- 7. Jiffy Steamer J-4000I-1330 Pro-Line Multi-Purpose Steamer with 7.5 ft Hose
- 6. J.cotton Portable garment steamer, fabric steamer for travel with travel pouch
- 5. SALAV GS34-BJ 1500W Performance Garment Steamer with 360 Swivel Multi-Hook Hanger and 4 Steam Settings
- 4. Kkika Mini Handy Textile and Fabric Clothes Garment Steamer Travel Steamer with ‘I’ Design
- 3. Clothes Steamer – Handheld And Portable Fabric And Garment Steamer
- 2. Clothing Steamer, Portable Handheld Fabric Steamer for Home and Travel Fast Heat-up
- 1. SALAV Professional Series Dual Bar Garment Steamer with Foot Pedals, GS45-DJ Silver
Kinds of Garment Steamer
There are several choices of garment steamers that you will encounter when shopping for the one that best suits your needs and lifestyle. To help you decide, here is a breakdown of the various kinds of garment steamers and their useful features:
A. Handheld or Portable Steamers
These are very handy and useful for people who always travel. They can be carried and stored in backpacks or suitcases for long journeys. Because of its compact size, it is easy to store and used right away anywhere you go. The typical handheld steamer consists of a built-in water tank and a steaming nozzle. Most people who purchase handheld steamers prefer them because of their ergonomic functionality.
- Gentle steaming for delicate garments
- Saves more time than ironing
- Consumes less energy
- Smoothens frills and ruffles
- Perfectly cleans suede and leather materials
- Can clean furniture upholstery, plastics, linens, ceramic, etc.
- Suitable to bring along during travels
- More affordable
- It is not advisable to use them for more than half an hour
- You have to keep it below 90 degrees to avoid water spillage that may cause burns
B. Stationary Steamers
These steamers are bigger and can give you the ability to steam more clothes at one time. These sit on the floor and are designed specifically for vertical steaming. They usually come with a visible tank for water heating, an ironing brush and steam hose, and an adjustable hanger. Stationary steamers are suitable for homes and professional use.
- Allows you to iron dresses on the hanger or from the mannequin
- Easy to use despite its multi-functionality
- Can help remove stains and odors
- Effectively removes stains and creases on garments
- Can iron different types of clothes like wool, knitwear, synthetic, etc.
- Heavier compared to other steamers
- Not suitable for travels, use on the go
C. Professional or Industrial Steamers
Most solid, durable and long-lasting than other types of streamers. Think, industrial grade. They are suitable for home and commercial use and offer Dual heat technology for faster and hotter steam. The typical professional steamer comes with a collapsible hanger, a height-adjustable pole, a wheel system, as well as additional attachments and brushes. Some of these steamers also have a built-in Steam-On-Demand technology to allow you to pause steam whenever you need to.
- Comes with a huge tank for longer periods of continuous steaming
- Has a wheel system to allow movement to any location
- The height-adjustable pole is steady and reliable
- High-quality and longer lifespan than other steamers
- Can be quite heavy to use and carry
Now that you know the different steamers available, here is a review of the top 10 garment steamers of the year.
Top 10 Best Garment Steamers Review
10. PurSteam Dual-Pro Iron & Pressurized Garment Steamer with – Professional Heavy Duty 1600 Watt Power
This product gives you the flexibility to steam and iron at the same time. With an ironing board that comes with the steamer stand, you have the option to iron clothes the traditional way or use the steamer with clothes hung upright or placed on top of the board. Its one-touch steam button can also control the high-pressure steam for you. It keeps you safe from burns and other accidents with its burn prevention cap. Get to experience long continuous steaming for 30 minutes with the steamer’s 1-liter water tank.
9. Steamfast SF-445 Compact Fabric Steamer
This portable steamer can remove those stubborn wrinkles from the most delicate of garments, while delivering enough power to penetrate heavier fabrics. It has a removable nozzle that ensures fabrics are steamed evenly and can give you easy access to its 11.35-ounce water tank. You can also use the steamer continuously for a longer period of time with no need to pump or press any buttons – water is heated right away in 2 minutes!
8. Home Garment Steamer
This garment steamer saves you time with its fast heat-up technology. Its large water reservoir capacity allows you to continue steaming for 10 minutes. You can bring this lightweight and comfortable product with you whenever you travel. Now you do not have to worry about traveling with wrinkled clothes. Let your clothes look crisp and sleek with this high-quality steamer!
7. Jiffy Steamer J-4000I-1330 Pro-Line Multi-Purpose Steamer with 7.5 ft Hose
This garment steamer heats up within 15 minutes and delivers 1500 watts of steaming power. Steam will be produced once it reaches the preheat temperature usually within 2 minutes. With its sight gauge, you can also easily view water level and whether or not there is sediment build-up. Its highly durable design and quality metal accessories keep the product from deteriorating fast.
6. J.cotton Portable garment steamer, fabric steamer for travel with travel pouch
Smoothing out all kinds of fabric is what this product is made for. If you press the ‘I’ button, it would heat within 20 seconds and give you a working time of 8-10 minutes. The ‘II’ button, on the other hand, will heat water up in 45 seconds with a working time of 18 minutes. When the unit becomes too hot or if the water level goes too low, the steamer automatically shuts off for your safety.
5. SALAV GS34-BJ 1500W Performance Garment Steamer with 360 Swivel Multi-Hook Hanger and 4 Steam Settings
This 1500-watt garment steamer is equipped with a 360 swivel multi-hook hanger for flexible use. It also quickly heats up in seconds which becomes ready to use in less than a minute. Its multiple steam settings allow you to adjust the amount of steam output, depending on the fabric type you are handling. The product also comes with a double insulated hose that is helpful in maintaining steam temperature and regulating surface heat.
4. Kkika Mini Handy Textile and Fabric Clothes Garment Steamer Travel Steamer with ‘I’ Design
This easy-to-use garment steamer has a closed outline design for water spill prevention. Its handle is also designed in a way to make it easy to hold and comfortable to carry. It comes with a fabric and dust brush to assist you in cleaning and removing unpleasant odors from your clothing, linens, upholstery, and curtains. Made with ABS and PP material, this product can be heated and cooled without significant degradation. The steam outlet holes and water reservoir, on the other hand, are heat-resistant.
3. Clothes Steamer – Handheld And Portable Fabric And Garment Steamer
This portable garment steamer is light and easy to pack, making it convenient for use when traveling. It easily heats water up which can help you save time whenever you are in a rush to work or on your way to important meet-ups with clients. The package also comes with a brush that you can use for removing lint and dirt, keeping your clothing, mattress, covers or carpets clean and germ-free.
2. Clothing Steamer, Portable Handheld Fabric Steamer for Home and Travel Fast Heat-up
Its advanced nozzle design not only gives a powerful but also evenly distributed steam that can quickly remove wrinkles from a variety of fabrics, such as clothing, bedding, table linens, and drapery. It also has a safety protection feature that auto-shuts off the steamer once it detects that a temperature is too high or when the water level is too low. It gives continuous steam that can last 8-10 minutes with an easy-fill water tank.
1. SALAV Professional Series Dual Bar Garment Steamer with Foot Pedals, GS45-DJ Silver
With its 1500-watt and 1.8-litre removable water tank, the steamer can give you great power and 60 minutes of continuous steam. This can effectively get rid of wrinkles from clothing, upholstery, curtains, and others. It is also equipped with a 4.6 ft. double insulated hose that is useful for maintaining the steam temperature, while regulating hose surface heat. For smaller garments, you can use its fold down hanger bar. Equipped with side hooks and hanging clips that can hold additional pieces of garment.
At this point, you already know the types of garment steamers as well as the best models available. With one simple device, you can easily remove wrinkles, restore the shape of a garment, and even get rid of unpleasant fabric odors. It won’t burn your favorite clothing either, and it is gentle in handling any delicate fabric. Whenever ironing can be such a hassle, you can always choose the more convenient garment steamer. Make the best choice.