Finding the best butcher block cutting board for you would take a lot of time especially when there are thousands, even millions with these kinds of kitchen tool. It can be made out of any types of wood with a tight grain structure. But why wood? Why not use the usual plastic or glass cutting board? This is a very interesting question. Although a plastic cutting board is easy to disinfect, it can also hold on to bacteria and can cause contamination.
It is best to invest in a quality butcher block cutting board because it lasts longer and is more sanitary than the ones made out of plastic. Buying yourself a butcher block cutting board is now made easier, as this page offers you a comprehensive detail of ten of the best butcher block cutting boards of the year!
Check Out: Best Cutting Boards Review
- Buyer’s Guide to Best Butcher Block Cutting Board
- Top 10 Best Butcher Block Cutting Board Review
- 10. Bamboo Cutting Board and Oil Set – Extra Large Organic Wooden Chopping Board and Butcher Block Oil Spray
- 9. Top Chop Butcher Block PGM-20182 Reversible Cutting Board, 20 x 18 x 2 Inch (Maple)
- 8. Large End Grain Bamboo Cutting Board | Professional, Antibacterial Butcher Block | Non-Slip Rubber Feet by Top Notch Kitchenware
- 7. Woodworker’s Classic American Hardwood Butcher Block Cutting Board, Medium
- 6. Mountain Woods 15-by-12-Inch Butcher Block Cutting Board
- 5. Hardwood Chef Premium Thick Acacia Wood End Grain Cutting Board Butcher Block with Groove
- 4. Catskill Craftsmen Super Slab with Finger Grooves
- 3. Kobi Blocks Maple Edge Grain Butcher Block Wood Cutting Board 12″x18″x1.5″
- 2. John Boos Chop-N-Slice Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board, 20″ x 15″x 1.25 Inch
- 1. Neet Organic Bamboo Butcher Cutting Block & Serving Tray Thick & Solid BCB-900
- Check Out Other Types of Cutting Boards
Buyer’s Guide to Best Butcher Block Cutting Board
Butcher block is a style of cutting surface used for heavy duty chopping of meat and poultry. In the past, it is said that Butcher blocks originated in China, they used butcher blocks in the market to easily cut off fresh meat like cows, pig, and chicken. Now, they can be seen anywhere around the world, restaurant kitchens, marketplaces, and at the comfort of your own home!
A butcher’s block cutting board goes hand in hand with the best knife in the kitchen. It is used for meat quartering, deboning, chopping, and filleting. A standard cutting board isn’t sturdy enough to withstand the heavy duty cuts, which is why you need to know what type of butcher block you’re getting before you purchase one.
In choosing the best cutting board for your kitchen, you must think of the most important aspect of all – durability. It matters mainly because you’ll be cutting off all sorts of animal meat and vegetables on it. If you’re cutting off your usual turkey on Thanksgiving or roasted pig during the holidays and events, your standard cutting board won’t last long.
The best block butcher chopping boards come in two different construction methods: Edge grain and End grain.
Edge grain: An edge grain’s cutting surface is made from pieces of wood from the edge. It is the square-shaped cutting board that everyone usually envisions. With its thick texture, edge-grained cutting boards are more durable, affordable, and much easier to maintain. It may have its cool perks and advantages, but it can quickly dull knives and are contaminated with bacteria if not taken care of properly.
End Grain: The end-grain is made out from end pieces of wood. It is more expensive than the edge grain cutting board, but also known to be more forgiving on knives. End-grain boards have their own fiber that closes back when the knife cuts the board.
The type of wood used to create a butcher block can impact the sanitation and ability to keep your kitchen knives in shape. Cutting boards should be made from trees with closed grain, such as birch, maple, or yellow poplar.
Regardless of the type of wood used, it is important to ensure it is certified food safe. A board with a smooth, hard surface is what you should look for. You should also ask about the oils and finished used on the cutting board.
Top 10 Best Butcher Block Cutting Board Review
10. Bamboo Cutting Board and Oil Set – Extra Large Organic Wooden Chopping Board and Butcher Block Oil Spray
If you’re looking for the perfect bamboo cutting board, then this one is definitely for you! It can withstand any kind heavy duty kitchen tool! It is crafted from the highest quality of premium Moso bamboo, contributing strength and durability to create the perfect cutting board. It is preconditioned with 100% pure walnut oil spray, so you can conveniently season your board with oil and maintain it anytime you want to. Dubbed as a green chef’s cutting board.
9. Top Chop Butcher Block PGM-20182 Reversible Cutting Board, 20 x 18 x 2 Inch (Maple)
Kitchen prep is now made easier with this solid, reversible maple wood cutting board! Its hardwood block provides a firm surface to cut your meat, and to protect your countertops or tables from knives and other chopping tools. Easy to maintain with the use of butcher block oil and conditioner. Sold separately.
8. Large End Grain Bamboo Cutting Board | Professional, Antibacterial Butcher Block | Non-Slip Rubber Feet by Top Notch Kitchenware
Created from premium bamboo, this end-grain cutting board is designed to resist stains, odors, and warping. It has the perfect surface to cut meats, veggies, fruits, cheeses, and more! Its nonporous bamboo surface resists bacteria, making it a safe cutting board in the very sense of the word.
7. Woodworker’s Classic American Hardwood Butcher Block Cutting Board, Medium
Wooden cutting boards from Jonathan Alden are made from premium grade hardwoods and are treated with food-safe oils right after sanding it smoothly. It is exceptionally strong and durable, solvent- free, water resistant, and FDA-approved for use with food.
6. Mountain Woods 15-by-12-Inch Butcher Block Cutting Board
Protect your table and countertops with this butcher block cutting board that is made of maple and blackwood! It has a great size and does not distort over time, making it perfect for daily use around the kitchen. Finger grooves are available on both edges of the block to easily chop, cut, and haul the board. The size of the cutting board is big enough to keep you slicing and cutting for more raw food!
5. Hardwood Chef Premium Thick Acacia Wood End Grain Cutting Board Butcher Block with Groove
Want a cutting board that makes food prep easier? This premium butcher block, which also serves as a serving platter, is made of Acacia wood! It protects your countertops from being damaged from unwanted knife tracks, and prevents juices from running onto your counter. But it doesn’t stop there! You can use it as your serving tray and top it with your favorite appetizers like cheeses and fruits. This gorgeous cutting board is expertly finished with a smooth surface and precondition with mineral oil to enhance its burnished look.
4. Catskill Craftsmen Super Slab with Finger Grooves
In need of a bigger cutting board for your kitchen? A board 20 inches wide by 20 inches deep and 3 inches thick is big and spacious enough for huge preparations at home! This cutting board is made of remarkable quality as it is crafted with an end-grain board, making it look neat and impressive. This cutting board does not make your knives dull. Definitely worth the extra money!
3. Kobi Blocks Maple Edge Grain Butcher Block Wood Cutting Board 12″x18″x1.5″
If you are looking for a top-quality butcher block, then this product has what it takes to meet your needs. It is made from brown hard maple, which makes it highly reliable in the kitchen. It can withstand average to tough cutting, slicing, and dicing. It is friendly to your knives; it won’t dull them easily. Plus, it has the rustic and homey look that makes it a great tool to have on your kitchen countertop.
2. John Boos Chop-N-Slice Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board, 20″ x 15″x 1.25 Inch
With this maple wood reversible cutting board, food prep will be a breeze. The material used comes from select individual trees harvested and grown naturally. Every cutting board from John Boss is finished with food safe beeswax to maintain its structure and design.
1. Neet Organic Bamboo Butcher Cutting Block & Serving Tray Thick & Solid BCB-900
This 8.5-pound organic bamboo butcher block will endure all butchering knife that hits its surface. Bamboo blocks are naturally durable than most regular woods and are bacteria resistant. It is FSC/FDA-approved, antimicrobial, and lacquer free, ensuring safety and reliability when used. This board is crafted from 100% solid and natural organic bamboo that guarantee you a lifetime of high-quality cutting board!
Check Out Other Types of Cutting Boards
The above products are some of the best butcher block cutting boards in the market. Choosing any one of them will provide you a lot of benefits for the kitchen. Now, if you decide that you want other types of cutting boards instead, check out the following: